Leo got adopted only 2 weeks after arriving to the Netherlands. On September 15, 2020 we signed the adoption contract after one week of so-call “trial period”. Leo lives with a lovely couple in Breda, where he is getting used to a city life, will start a training soon and is receiving all the love he needs and wants <3
Leo has been found by our friends from Fundatia Siddhartha in a village Bradulet (Romania). He has been seen for several days begging for food and attention and they just couldn’t leave him on a street.
This little boy is full of love – it seems he enjoys nothing as much as cuddles 🙂 At first he is a little shy, but all he needs is a bit of time and once you break the ice you will get the most loyal friend in the whole wide world!
Leo learnt in just a few minutes how to walk in a harness and on a leash. Obviously, since city life in completely new to him, he stops sometimes scared by a noise or movement, but a snack or a cuddle is enough to show him that it’s safe and fine to continue walking. Though he reliefs himself outside it happens sometimes that he pees inside the house, however taking in consideration that he just arrived and how fast he learns, we know that it’s just a matter of days until he is fully potty trained.
This little boy likes to play with toys and back in the rescue in Romania he played a lot with other dogs he shared his pen with 🙂
He is crate trained- back in Romania, during the night, he slept in a crate.
Leo is 1- 1.5 year old, castrated and fully vaccinated.
Whom we are looking for to adopt Leo?
- someone patient and consequent, who understand that rescued animals need time to get used to and adjust to the new environment and a new life.
- a person/family who can guarantee that Leo won’t spend long hours alone (you either work remotely, part-time or are willing to arrange a pet-sitter; dog-walker or a dog day-care).
- would be great, though it’s not necessary, that you already have other animal(s)- Leo is used to living in a pack.
- if you don’t have an experience with dogs, we would like that you arrange for a couple of meetings with a dog trainer to learn basic do’s and don’ts and make sure that both you and Leo benefit to the fullest from each others company.
- someone who loves cuddles and getting kisses from a dog 😉